On Friday, June 5, Stacey Boggs died from brain injuries sustained in a May 2019 traffic accident at the intersection of Ohio 96 and Ganges-Five Points Road in northern Richland County. Shelby resident Josh Boggs, also injured in the accident, lost two daughters and an unborn child in the wreck - and now also lost his wife. Unrelentingly positive in the face of a horrific tragedy, Boggs has documented on Facebook the past year of Stacey’s battle, through updates, photos and video. On Tuesday, he met Richland Source City Editor Carl Hunnell at the scene of the crash to remember Stacey Boggs.
City editor. 30-year plus journalist. Husband. Father of 3 grown sons and also a proud grandpa. Prior military journalist in U.S. Navy, Ohio Air National Guard. -- Favorite quote: "Where were you when the page was blank?"
As featured on
- OhioHealth Mansfield team wins Prism award for May 5 accident victim care
- Shelby man expresses gratitude one year after horrific, fatal crash
- Shelby crash survivor ready to resume free martial arts ministry
- Paving, rumble strip installation underway at site of fatal May 5 crash
- ODOT to pay for installation of rumble strips at fatal accident site
- Rumble strips planned to make site of May 5 fatal crash safer
- Shelby man grieves loss of daughters, vows to make intersection safer