MANSFIELD -- Free door-to-door rides are available for Richland County residents who need transportation to their vaccine appointment(s) within Richland County.
RCT is launching a new vaccine shuttle service, which kicks off on Thursday, April 8. Thanks to funding from ODOT’s Rides to Community for Immunity grant, the vaccine shuttle covers all of Richland County and includes evening and Saturday appointments.
Wheelchair accessible vehicles are available upon request. All passengers are required to wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines.
To schedule a ride, call Chris Terry at RCT 419-522-4504 x101 at least 24-48 hours in advance.
Information requested includes:
Date of appointment
· Passenger name
· Passenger phone #
· Pick up address (must be in Richland Co)
· Vaccine site address (must be in Richland Co)
· Appointment time, pickup time & return time
· Indicate whether the passenger uses a wheelchair or needs other accommodations.
Grouped trips are encouraged, when possible, to maximize resources. The information requested above will still be needed for each passenger.
More details about the program:
· For the vaccine shuttle only, RCT has extended our service area to all of Richland County, and evening/Saturday appointments are available.
· Passengers will typically be picked up in a RCT Dial-A-Ride bus, but some trips – especially evening or Saturday appointments – may be covered through the ATAC network of mobility management providers.
· All passengers are required to wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines.
· RCT vehicles are wheelchair accessible. Other providers have accessible vehicles available upon request. As noted above, indicate whether the passenger uses a wheelchair when requesting the appointment.
· The free vaccine shuttle covers transportation to the vaccine site and then back home; no additional stops are included.
· No agency referral or insurance is required. Richland County residents who need transportation to a vaccine appointment are able to schedule their own appointment at least 24-48 hours in advance by calling RCT’s Chris Terry at 419-522-4504 x101.