MANSFIELD -- The deadline to register to vote or change your address and/or name in the voter registration database for the March 17 primary election is Feb. 18.
The Board of Elections office will be open that evening until 9 p.m. The office is located at 1495 W. Longview Ave., Suite 101. in the Longview Center. After 4 p.m, you must use the entrance at the lower lever back parking area at the southwest corner of the building.
Qualifications for registering to vote include:
• must be either a native U. S. citizen, or a naturalized citizen of the U.S.
• must be a resident of Richland County and Ohio 30 days prior to an election
• must be a minimum of 18 years of age by the date of the General Election on or before Nov. 3.
Registered voters who have moved or changed their name must notify the board office in writing or in person. Voters who are currently registered in Ohio may change their address online at MyOhioVote.com, but must do it by the Feb. 18 deadline. Online registration is also now available at MyOhioVote.com.
In addition to the Board of Elections office, citizens may register or complete a change of address/name at the following locations in Richland County:
• Any Library Branch
• All City and Village Hall offices
• The Bureau of Motor Vehicles Office
• The Department of Human Services
• The Richland County Courthouse (Recorder or Treasurer Offices)
• All area high school offices
Registration forms may also be obtained from the Board of Elections’ web site at: https://www.richlandcountyoh.gov/BoardOfElection/Documents/Voter%20Registration%20Form.pdf or requested by mail.
Contact the board office at 419-774-5530 to have a form sent by mail. Completed voter registration forms must be postmarked 30 days prior to Election Day.