Essential duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Grants Research, Development and Administration
- Establishes and communicates funding priorities that are consistent with the institutional priorities of the College.
- Communicates all aspect of the grant management process, providing guidance in the areas of grant regulations and compliance related to federal, state, local and foundation funding to faculty, staff and administrators.
- Monitors, creates and disseminates information on funding trends and legislative developments related to funding opportunities.
- Identifies, researches, and analyzes potential funding sources in support of the institutional priorities of the College on an ongoing basis and disseminates that information to faculty, staff and administrators as appropriate.
- Researches and analyzes current global, national and local education and business trends, identifying key factors, linkages and relationships to the College; prepares documents and disseminates information to faculty, staff and administrators.
- Researches, identifies, analyzes and pursues potential sources of funding to support the institutional priorities of the College from external sources and disseminates that information to the College.
- Assesses proposals that are under development for consistency with RFP specifications and guidelines of potential funding sources.
- Conducts research on needs assessment data related to grants proposals for relevance to the institutional priorities of the College.
- Serves as the liaison with federal, state, and local program officers, private associations and foundations during the proposal development processes.
- Provides support for faculty, staff and administrators in proposal development and prepares final proposals for submission to funding sources with direction from the President.
- Facilitates meetings with project leads and teams to write and edit grant proposals and applications for submission to appropriate potential funding sources.
- Submits budgets associated with grant proposals and works directly with the business office to ensure that they adhere to financial procedures and guidelines of the College.
- Reviews proposals and provides feedback on work plans and budgets to project leads.
- Prepares written concept papers for dissemination.
- Responsible for the writing, editing and formatting of proposals including overall coordination.
- Enters and maintains grant information in the grants database.
- Functions as an effective member of the grant development team by making recommendations for improving the internal grant management systems, policies, procedures and controls.
- Acts as an effective member of the grant development team by assisting in developing and implementing training and education programs that promote a clear understanding of the grant management process at the College.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Journalism, Fund Raising, Communication or appropriate discipline required. Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Business or related preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years successfully securing federal, state, or private grants for non-profit and/or governmental agency preferred. Knowledge of regional demographics, economic and education needs, and College and campus operations preferred.
Review of Resumes to begin 9/5/23 and until filled
North Central State College is a great place to work. We offer:
- Working hours to enhance your life:
- From August through early May, we work 9-hour days, Monday through Thursday and 4-hours from home on Friday mornings.
- From early May until the end of July, we work for 10-hour days, and get Fridays off.
- Choose between the School Employees Retirement System (SERS) and Alternative Retirement Plan (the College will match your contribution dollar for dollar).
- Free NC State tuition for you and your immediate family members.
- Advance your degree outside of the College with our Tuition Reimburstment program.
- Comprehensive health insurance plans are available for individuals and families that include medical, dental and vision benefits. Employee contributions, deductibles and annual out-of-pocket costs are low.
- Paid time off for vacation and personal time, paid holidays (12), and sick days.
- Employer paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- And much more.
To apply visit https://apptrkr.com/4499791.