BUCYRUS - The Community Foundation for Crawford County recently awarded over $299,000 in competitive grants to local charitable organizations and schools.
Community grants went to the following:
• Bucyrus Police Explorers — $3,000 towards the purchase of uniforms, fees, training equipment and competition costs.
• Wildlife Haven - $5,000 towards animal care and intern scholarships.
• Humane Society Serving Crawford County - $20,000 towards excavating and replacing the kennel drainage system with new composite materials.
• Acres of Adventure - $4,200 to purchase projectors, laptop computer, tables and chairs, a portable sound system, and display monitors.
• Oakwood Cemetery - $35,000 towards the purchase of a new backhoe
• Crestline Athletic Boosters - $10,000 towards permanent restroom and concession facilities at the new Hutson Stadium.
• Village of Tiro - $10,000 towards new playground equipment and fencing.
• Bucyrus Area YMCA - $25,000 to purchase furniture and equipment for child daycare.
• Galion Historical Society - $8,750 to re-glaze walkway windows at Brownella Cottage.
• Crawford County Development Board - $10,000 towards a new digital sign to promote the Ohio Crossroads Industrial Center.
• The Crawford County Education and Economic Development Partnership - $50,000 towards a 10-year grant for funding to develop a recreation and event center AND $50,000 towards a five-year grant supporting efforts to enhance the livelihood of Crawford County families and businesses.
• Good Hope Lutheran Church WOW Program - $1,000 for meals, food and clothing to those in need in Crawford County.
• Crawford Works - $30,000 towards a three-year grant supporting the hiring of facilitators, job and life skills coaches and workshop materials that will assist program participants in achieving economic self-sufficiency through employment.
• NCSC Foundation - $27,867 to develop a Next Generation Smart Classroom at the Crawford Success Center.
• American Red Cross of North Central Ohio - $4,500 towards a new bloodmobile
• Crawford County Community Concert Association - $5,000 towards a three-year grant providing funding to help attract higher profile artists for community concerts.
The next grant cycle deadline for the filing of grant applications is August 31, 2019, with those grants to be awarded in November 2019.
Established in 1984 with the generous help of the Timken Foundation, The Community Foundation for Crawford County’s mission is to support collaborative, impactful and philanthropic leadership that provides quality and lasting investments in our community, now and for generations to come.