Details for Part-Time Web Technician
Part-Time Web Technician
North Central State College
North Central State College is accepting resumes for a part-time Web Technician. The Web Technician reports to the Executive Director, Marketing, Public Relations and Creative Services
Essential duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Web Design, Maintenance & Content Creation
• Responsible for coordinating the overall structure, design, functionality, development, implementation, navigation, security and performance of the website with internal constituents and external contractors
• Works to provide continuity of content on the website which aligns with current promotional campaigns
• Develops new content when appropriate
• Provides for posting of news and other content on a temporary and/or permanent basis
• Responsible for periodic review of web content, especially on home page or other pages, contacting appropriate individuals as necessary to update those pages and keeping content current at all times
• Develops and manages web procedures including content approval, design approval, posting protocols and folder management
• Coordinates with IT and external contractors to create and maintain functionality of content, links, etc. as required.
• Provides web page design, follows content approval guidelines, develops and champions web design strategies
• Quality control of web site, ensuring consistency of image, speed and ease of access and site navigation, and adherence to design standards
• Provide leadership in ensuring that content as presented is ADA Compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, Levels A and AA, or subsequent updates to those standards
• Communicate regularly with IT staff and external consultants to ensure web site integrity and security
• Provide data and analytics of web pages, usage, etc.
• Thinks creatively, using logic and reasoning to consider the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems
• Facilitates web content updates with internal users, including approval, editing and posting of information
• Other duties as assigned.
• Assumes leadership role in encouraging others to provide content and take ownership of their individual and departmental information in an accurate, clear, concise and consistent manner
• Provides leadership in campus web page initiatives including planning, development and deployment
• Provides training to new users of the systems to build new pages and edit content as appropriate
• Trains existing users when systems, software, web functionality, etc. are upgraded or replaced
• Assists with education of staff regarding ADA Compliance and guidelines
• Coordinates the training and work of pagemasters to implement design consistency using Wordpress and associated tools
• Serves as campus-wide resource for development of content and design of web portal components
• Assists representatives from all college divisions on the creation and implementation of departmental pages
• Other duties as assigned
Education: Associate’s degree in Web Design or related; Bachelor’s degree in Web Design or related preferred
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience as a web technician or equivalent. Demonstrated experience working on websites which will publish to multiple platforms including Apple iOS, Microsoft Windows, Droid, etc. Experience using WordPress software publishing to a cloud environment a plus. Fluency in Wordpress, html, CSS, SEO and other coding languages; experience with Microsoft Sharepoint is desired.
Please express your interest in this position by submitting a letter of application and resume to:
or send to
NORTH CENTRAL STATE COLLEGE
Attention: Human Resources
2441 Kenwood Circle, Mansfield, OH 44906
Resumes will be reviewed beginning 7/08/19 and until filled.
North Central State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution. We value campus diversity and demonstrate this in campus initiatives. We particularly encourage members of historically under-represented groups to apply.