Details for Mind Body Align LLC and MBAwareness is hiring for a Mindfulness Social-Emotional Learning Educator
Job Title: Mindfulness Social-Emotional Learning Educator
FLSA Status: PT Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Education
Revised By: Julie Braumberger/Jennifer Blue/Linda Snyder
Location: Mansfield, OH / Remote
Revised Date: March 2021
The Mindfulness/Social-Emotional Learning Educator works under the Director of Education. The core function of this position is to teach engaging mindful social-emotional learning classes to students of all ages, with a focus on Grades K-5. Our educators are also involved in supporting SEL workshops and professional development for other teachers.
This person will work with our team to improve and refine our in-school program and virtual learning content. Other duties may include working with the team to create lesson plans, digital classroom activities and general product development.
Key Position Results (or Job KPI’s)
The Mindfulness Social-Emotional Learning Educator is responsible for teaching the MBAwareness Program and educating people of all age levels. This educator is responsible for familiarizing themselves with our programming for professional development sessions and other teacher training sessions.
● Maintains excellence in the classroom and with team members
● Delivers classroom instruction while upholding the values of the MBAwarness Program ● Maintains a personal mindfulness practice (we can’t teach what we don’t practice) ● Shares ideas to improve programs and increase student engagement
● Incorporates teaching feedback from Director of Education
● Attends required meetings and trainings
● Able to independently teach the MBAwareness SEL Program in Grade K-5 classrooms by fall 2021 (virtually and/or in-person)
Duties and Responsibilities
● Teach the MBAwareness SEL Program in schools and other community organizations. Platforms include both in-person, hybrid, and live Zoom.
● Participate in the development and creation of certain pieces of mindful education and social-emotional learning. Areas could include curriculum and program development, workshops, content development, and resources for mindful education. Creation would be for synchronous and asynchronous learning. Our programs, classes, workshops, and materials are for all ages from early childhood to adult, including specific audiences such as educators, parents, and administration. Content includes instructional materials, lesson plans, and activities.
● Stay up to date with current trends and best practices in mindful education, state and federal K-12 standards and continuing education requirements, educational theory, pedagogy and as well as SEL issues and policy.
● Collaborate with the team in order to produce mindful education content including blog posts for educational, sales, and marketing purposes.
● Communicate and collaborate effectively with pertinent educators, community partners, and the mindfulness/SEL community.
● Identify needs using analysis of data for each school, school district, and the Ohio Department of Education standards.
● Attend required team meetings.
● Communicate effectively and execute projects on time.
● Responsible for the on-time, efficient, cost-effective execution and seamless delivery of all final work.
● Work an average of 20-25 hours per week - hours need to be flexible in relationship to scheduled company activities, events and programming. Hours need to be coordinated with the Director of Mindful Education.
● Complete company provided continuing education in mindfulness.
● Honor and adhere to company mission, values and agreements.
● Collaborate and work as part of our team to complete all of the tasks necessary to sustain and grow the company.
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● A valid state certified teaching certificate
● Bachelor’s degree or higher
● A minimum of five (5) years of successful classroom teaching experience
● Experience coaching and giving technical instruction to peers
● Experience coordinating and delivering professional development a plus, not required
● Mindfulness Education certification preferred
● Working knowledge of CASEL SEL competencies is a plus
● Ability to coordinate and collaborate with diverse groups of professionals across multiple departments and organizations
● Ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical milestones with tight deadlines
● Ability to apply knowledge of mindfulness in the area of social-emotional learning
● Current knowledge of state, local, and federal laws and regulations affecting the lives and education of students and educators
● Able to work independently as well as cooperatively with school administration, teachers, staff, students, and the MBAwareness team
● Experience with curriculum development and lesson planning
● Ability and willingness to teach on various platforms
● Intermediate knowledge of technology to include, but not limited to, Zoom, Google Workspace, Word, Excel, Trello and communication software
● Ability to develop respectful professional relationships and trust with school administration, teachers and peers.
● Skilled in time management, ability to effectively achieve multiple goals and manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Passionate about the importance of SEL and improving the lives of students, teachers through mindful SEL
● Must possess a valid drivers license
● Must have the ability to travel between schools, if needed
● Must have the ability to work remotely
We prioritize professional development in order to help employees become more skilled in their position and achieve results. We also dedicate time to train as a team on competencies that will advance the company.
We are completely cloud based. Must have a solid knowledge of Google Workspace (to include documents, sheets, forms, drive, slides, mail and calendar), Trello or similar project management software, Zoom
Must have reliable internet connection in remote locations along with computer equipment to perform daily job functions.
Compensation and Benefits
20-25 hour per week
Technology Reimbursement Benefit
Cell Phone Reimbursement and Use Benefit
Time off benefits to all part-time associates averaging twenty (20) hours or more per week and less than thirty (30) hours per week in a 12-month period.
● Vacation Days – paid at 50% of full-time associate’s schedule.
● Personal Time-Off – paid at 50% of full-time associate’s schedule.
● Holidays – regular, part-time associates will be paid 4 hours of regular pay.
● Funeral Leave – paid at full time schedule based on average hours worked over the prior 52-week period.
We value advancement from within our company and we anticipate growth in our market. This position may be eligible for full-time status based on contracts awarded.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Mind Body Align, LLC and MBAwareness
Transforming the world through mindfulness, Mind Body Align’s MBAwareness Educational Program improves lives by teaching mindful social-emotional learning that meets state curriculum standards in schools, to teachers, and in communities.
Mind Body Align also improves the profitability of businesses by offering mindfulness education as an employee resource and benefit. Studies show mindfulness positively impacts academic and professional performance, focus, collaboration, and job satisfaction.
MBAwareness services are available both online and in person. The Align Mindfulness downloadable app allows mindfulness practice.