Details for Skybox Packaging is hiring for class a CDL Driver
Local Routes, Home Every Night, Day Shift.
Operate a Skybox owned truck to deliver Skybox orders to our Customers, handle warehouse transfers and pickup goods as requested. Coordinate primarily with the Skybox Dispatcher to:
· Deliver orders on time and in excellent condition.
· Develop Relationships with customers (Be pleasant and friendly)
· Communicate promptly (delays, changes, concerns, customer intel/news)
1. Perform a walk around inspection of the truck and trailer each day, complete the vehicle condition report, and bring any safety concerns to the attention of your supervisor.
2. Review material in truck and ensure that it is properly and safely loaded.
3. Verify that you are in possession of all Bills of Lading for material loaded on your truck.
4. Confirm directions to any delivery location that is unfamiliar to you.
5. Safely drive your truck to each customer location and wait for unload according to customer procedures.
6. Always conduct yourself in a positive and friendly manner with our customers and take the time to resolve any concerns they may have.
7. Verify items being unloaded as they are unloaded.
8. Work with customer to note/agree upon any discrepancy or damage and note on the bill of lading.
9. Immediately communicate significant customer concerns to scheduling or customer service.
10. Immediately communicate any delays which may affect delivery schedule.
11. Promptly return to the plant for the next load.
12. Communicate any concerns or suggestions for improvement to the person responsible for that area and/or your supervisor.
13. Monitor your own work hours to ensure compliance with DOT duty time regulations.
14. Maintain time records and trip records daily and turn in weekly.
15. Perform other tasks as needed or requested by your supervisor.
1. Be licensed to operate a straight truck or CDL for tractor/trailer
2. Remain in a sitting position for long periods of time
3. Turning, twisting on a continuous basis while driving
4. Regular lifting and bending with the ability to lift 70 lbs
5. Ability to use a pallet jack to move loads inside the truck or the back of the truck as needed by the customer.
6. Ability to operate a hydraulic lift on the back of a truck as needed.
7. Ability to clearly communicate with customers, scheduler, material handlers and customer service and other employees and managers as needed.
8. Attention to detail and accuracy
9. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
10. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
1. Ensure that equipment is in safe operating order
2. Review load routing and ensure all goods on truck
3. Drive to each route location
4. Communicate with customer and oversee unloading or loading
5. Communicate any significant delays or issues to supervisor or dispatcher
6. Return to Plant
7. Ensure Equipment is clean
8. Assist with any trailer movement or other duties needed by Supervisor
9. Arrange for and ensure completion of any deliveries to be made by outside carriers.
· Truck Drivers
· Fork Drivers
· Customer Service
2. On Time Delivery
3. Cycle Time Reduction
4. Cycle cost reduction
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.
- Application Url
- More Info
- Base Salary
- Education Level
- High School
- Employee Type
- Full Time
- Skybox Packaging LLC
- Listing Type