Details for Cowen Truck Line is hiring for a Trailer Technician
A trailer technician repairs and maintains trailers in the fleet. Responsible for verifying all repairs and maintaining compliance with the DOT and FMCSA safety standards. Position requiresoccasional service calls to travel to an equipment breakdown.Forty- hour work week, subject to overtime including weekends and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
1. Regular and prompt attendance is required. Must provide own transportation to and from work.
2. Inspect and perform immediate and preventative maintenance repairs on all trailers and various shop equipment.
3. Work with other mechanics to diagnose needed repairs, reporting to Maintenance Manager to authorize needed repairs.
4. Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area.
5. Complete training in CPR, first aid and use of the defibrillator. This position will be considered a first aid provider.
6. Light truck mechanic work may be required.
7. May be asked to occasionally operate a forklift
7. On call weekend rotation required.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Certification or associate degree from college or technical school or equivalent on the job experience in trailer mechanics.
2. The ability to inspect and service the fleet in compliance with company, federal, and industry standards. Must possess a good knowledge of FMCSA and DOT requirements for trailers. Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and standards
3. Trailer Mechanics must provide their own tools
NECESSARY ATTITUDES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
1. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
2. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages.
3. Ability to apply common sense/understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
4. Welding certification preferred
5. Must complete all safety training
Other Skills and Abilities
Must be able to operate the following equipment: measuring instruments (micrometers, tape measures, dial calipers) Precision machines (drill and punch press, bench lathes), hand tools (drills, wrenches, grinders), material handling equipment (forklifts, cranes and overhead hoists).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
1. Sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
2. The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
3. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
5. The employee is required to lift heavy parts and tools, handle greasy and dirty parts, and stand or lie in awkward positions to repair vehicles and equipment.
6. Must be willing and able to work from heights higher than four feet.
While working in the trailer bay, floor conditions may be slippery from grease or water therefore slips, trips and falls are possible. Working from ladders may put employee at fall risk. Occasionally the work environment is subject to hot and cold temperature extremes. On occasion, employees may be exposed to chemical or electrical hazards as well as fire hazards. Work conditions are typically in the shop environment, but occasional outdoor work is required.
Cowen Truck Line provides uniforms, lockers and shower facilities.
We provide our employees with excellent compensation and benefits including 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance and Bonus pay
All applicants may apply here: https://www.cowentruckline.com/jobs/trailer-technician
- Application Url
- More Info
- Education Level
- High School
- Employee Type
- Full Time
- Cowen Truck Line
- Listing Type