Details for North Central State College is accepting resumes for a Staff Accountant
North Central State College is accepting resumes for a full-time Staff Accountant in the Accounting Services department.
Essential duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to: Purchasing
• Consults with users and external entities to develop specifications; makes recommendations regarding purchases and vendors
• Convert requisitions to purchase orders and notify vendor • Verifies budget codes and availability of funds
• Bid out purchases over certain dollar amount including special projects
• Research the best price of goods to the College including participation in the state purchasing group
• Perform other duties as assigned Accounts Payable • Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation
• Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos
• Processes travel requests which includes securing transportation, lodging and registrations, encumbering of funds, and reimbursement to employees by receiving and verifying expense reports
• Perform other duties as assigned Accounting/bookkeeping
• Reimburse petty cash receipts
• Balance cash drawer from Cashier’s operations on a daily basis
• Prepare and post bank deposits
• Balance accounts on a monthly basis
• Reconcile Foundation, Student Refund and Payroll bank accounts
• Prepare, deposit and issue payments for student organizations across campus
• Perform other duties as assigned Miscellaneous
• Prepare annual 1099 tax documents
• Perform duties of Cashier as needed –third line coverage
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate's degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred Experience: Three years’ work experience performing accounting support and duties.
Please express your interest in this position by submitting a letter of application and resume to: www.ncstatecollege.edu, Click on Jobs then email@example.com or send to NORTH CENTRAL STATE COLLEGE Attention: Human Resources 2441 Kenwood Circle, Mansfield, OH 44906. Resumes will be reviewed beginning 10/16/2020 and until filled.
North Central State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution. We value campus diversity and demonstrate this in campus initiatives. We particularly encourage members of historically under-represented groups to apply.
- Application Url
- More Info
- Education Level
- Associate Degree
- Employee Type
- Full Time
- North Central State College
- Listing Type