Details for North Central State College is hiring for a Teacher Assistant - Child Development Center
Child Development Center
North Central State College is accepting applications for a full-time Teacher Assistant at the Child Development Center.
Essential duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Assist Teacher with Caring for Children
- Assist with the planning, preparing, and conducting activities designed to support the Center's mission of providing children, between the ages of six weeks and 6 years, with a learning environment featuring experiences meant to enhance their social, intellectual, physical, language and emotional development
o Review reference materials and suggest activities suitable to the Center's population, physical surroundings, staffing and budget
o Prepare or adapt materials, ensuring adequate supply for activities
o Arrange indoor and outdoor space to facilitate play, motor-skill activities and safety
o Demonstrate, lead and encourage children's participation in activities and experiences
o Provide feedback on the suitability of activities for continued or further use
- Create a suitable environment for children
o Arrange classroom materials and equipment in a manner that is safe, accessible, attractive, and appealing to children
o Review classroom environment for possible safety hazards, reporting them as needed
o Demonstrate and implement appropriate sanitation and personal hygiene procedures
o Perform light housekeeping duties (e.g., wiping tables, sanitizing toys, etc.)
- Tend to basic needs including diapering and feeding children
o Demonstrate and lead children in proper personal hygiene (e.g., washing hands, brushing teeth)
o Assist children with clothing changes
- Observe and monitor children's free-play activities ensuring their safety and suitable social interaction
o Initiate appropriate behavior management techniques through guidance and support
- Keep a record of the activities of individual children including observations regarding social, emotional, physical, language and intellectual development
o Identify signs of growth and development through observations, screenings and on-going assessment
o Identify and report child abuse and neglect in compliance with state and local laws
o Complete reports of unusual incidents
- Assist with decorating and supplying information for the Center's bulletin boards, walls, etc.
- Attend department meetings and work cooperatively with other Center staff to reach common goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate to college students and volunteers the appropriate techniques, methods and practices for the supervision of children
- Provide assistance and support for students, other employees and volunteers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or willingness to complete, or;
Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or willingness to complete; or equivalent education and experience required. Bachelor’s Degree in
Early Childhood Education or related field preferred. Must have a CPL 3 in the Ohio Professional Registry.
Experience: Must meet Ohio Child Care Licensing requirements. Red Cross certification in first aid, communicable disease recognition/prevention, and child abuse recognition/prevention or the ability to obtain preferred.
or send to
NORTH CENTRAL STATE COLLEGE
Attention: Human Resources
2441 Kenwood Circle, Mansfield, OH 44906
Resumes will be reviewed beginning 7/28/21 and until filled.
North Central State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution. We value campus diversity and demonstrate this in campus initiatives. We particularly encourage members of historically under-represented groups to apply.
- Application Url
- More Info
- Education Level
- Associate Degree
- Employee Type
- Full Time
- North Central State College
- Listing Type