Details for Carrousel Properties is hiring for an Accounting Specialist/Bookkeeper
Job Title: Accounting Specialist/Bookkeeper
FLSA Status: FT Exempt
Job Grade: Salary
Reports To: Business Manager
Revised By: Linda Snyder
Location: Mansfield, Ohio / Remote
Revised Date: April 27, 2021
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for AP and AR functions across a small suite of locally owned companies. The Accounting Specialist will also manage bank reconciliations, AP approvals, data entry, and proper recordkeeping.
Key Position Results (or Job KPI’s)
● Support the corporate team in regards to financial and operational requirements.
● Accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions and organize all necessary documents to provide easy access to team members.
● Prompt and accurate payment of Accounts Payable.
● Review of outstanding AR balances and follow ups for payment.
● Periodic billing for goods and services.
● Document Business Processes to ensure continuation of work.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Receive, document and process all vendor invoices for approval and payment
● Weekly payments to vendors
● Weekly payment reports to the CEO and leadership team
● Communicate with the CEO and accountants in regards to cash-flow requirements ● Daily review of banking transactions and make entries if needed
● Weekly review of outstanding balances, taking appropriate action when necessary
● Monthly Review of charges to be paid by others, create invoices when applicable
● Monthly Invoices for rent billed as necessary
● Monthly Billings to designated family of companies
● Monthly Billings to clients of Carrousel Properties LLC for services rendered
● Monthly download and expense allocations for credit card and debit card payments
● Monthly Bank Reconciliations
● Update property management software for new leases, terminated leases and lease changes
● Update QuickBooks or Buildium for new members and billing for designated family of companies
● Maintain accurate Vendor Records
● Monitor utility bills and software settings for all properties to ensure tenant(s) and the company are paying when/as they should.
● Audit and negotiate utilities costs as needed
● Set up autopay for accounts when applicable
● Provide feedback and suggestions to Business Manager and team members in regards to Accounting processes
● Other duties as needed as they relate to the accounting needs of the company
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● An Associates Degree with additional Accounting education/certificate is a plus
● Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles ● High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
● Proven bookkeeping experience
● Experience with QuickBooks or similar Accounting software
● Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records ● Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
● Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
● Proficiency in English, Google Suite and MS Office
● Excellent communication skills
● Customer service orientation
● High level of integrity and work ethic
● Excellent attention to detail
● Ability to work from both home and office
We prioritize professional development in order to help employees become more skilled in their position and achieve results. We also dedicate time to train as a team on competencies that will advance the company.
● Google Workplace
○ Google Mail
○ Google Sheets, Forms, Doc, and Slides
Compensation and Benefits
This position is full time salary. Applicants are eligible for health, dental, and vision coverage; vacation and paid time off; paid maternity and paternity leave; technology and mobile phone reimbursement; 401(k).
We value advancement from within and we anticipate growth
How to apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Carrousel Properties
Carrousel Properties was founded with the mission to preserve and protect historic properties in and around Mansfield, Ohio.
Carl is the former CEO of MT Business Technologies, Inc., and led the century-old family business through a decade of growth before successfully exiting in 2017. He’s also the founder and CEO of Richland Source, a local online news site.
After owning and operating a successful interior design business in Mansfield, Annamarie founded Mind Body Align, which focused on mindful education for students, teachers, and professionals. Together, Carl & Annamarie co-founded Idea Works, a nonprofit that supports local entrepreneurs in reaching their full potential.