Details for Carrousel Properties is hiring for a Construction Assistant
Job Title: Construction Assistant
FLSA Status: FT Non-Exempt
Job Grade: $18-$22 hr
Reports To: Construction Foreman
Revised By: Linda Snyder
Location: Mansfield, Ohio Revised Date: April 27, 2021
In this position, you will be responsible for assisting contractors, operating machinery, and following all health and safety regulations. A strong work ethic and attention to detail are essential.
Key Position Results (or Job KPI’s)
● Arrives on time ready to work
● Maintains a good attendance record
● Seeks assistance when necessary to ensure that the job is done properly
● Shows initiative by assisting others when assigned work is completed
Duties and Responsibilities
● Transport materials to and from job sites, assist construction personnel in obtaining specific tools and materials for each building site.
● Gather, prepare, and stack materials
● Load, unload, maintain, and properly store tools
● Safely use a variety of hand tools and power tools
● Set up, maintain, and properly store equipment
● Safely operate a variety of equipment including pressure washers, sand blaster, drills, saws, grinders, and snow blowers
● Inventory, inspect, and deliver tools to job sites.
● Maintain cleanliness and safety of job sites
● Perform work safety in accordance with departmental safety procedures and OHSA guidelines ● Follow project instructions from Construction Foreman or on-site supervisor
● Direct traffic safely around the construction or road maintenance site
● Follow all health and safety regulations when operating equipment
● Ensure regulated and proper headgear, earplugs, gloves, safety glasses, and clothing are worn
● Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
● Provide assistance to contractors (i.e. craft workers, electricians, painters) as needed
● Maintain excellent communication with tenants, vendors, and management.
● Other duties as assigned
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Must be 18 years of age or older
● High school degree or equivalent educational experience; vocational school or trade apprenticeships a plus
● Any additional experience, certifications are preferred but not required
● Able to successfully pass a background screen and drug test
● Clean driving record
● Reliable transportation to and from work
● Ability to read blueprints
● Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 50 pounds
● Must be comfortable climbing up tall ladders, working at elevated levels
● Positive attitude and work ethic
● Able to work independently or as an active member of a team
● Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
We prioritize professional development in order to help employees become more skilled in their position and achieve results. We also dedicate time to train as a team on competencies that will advance the company.
● Google Workplace
○ Google Mail
○ Google Sheets, Forms, Doc, and Slides
Compensation and Benefits
This position is full time hourly. The pay will commensurate with experience. Applicants are eligible for health, dental, and vision coverage; vacation and paid time off; paid maternity and paternity leave; technology and mobile phone reimbursement; 401(k).
We value advancement from within and we anticipate growth
How to apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Carrousel Properties
Carrousel Properties was founded with the mission to preserve and protect historic properties in and around Mansfield, Ohio.
Carl is the former CEO of MT Business Technologies, Inc., and led the century-old family business through a decade of growth before successfully exiting in 2017. He’s also the founder and CEO of Richland Source, a local online news site.
After owning and operating a successful interior design business in Mansfield, Annamarie founded Mind Body Align, which focused on mindful education for students, teachers, and professionals. Together, Carl & Annamarie co-founded Idea Works, a nonprofit that supports local entrepreneurs in reaching their full potential.